Monday, December 10, 2012

Low on Holiday Cheer at Night

I'm not trying to bum everyone out, but by the time I get home in the evenings I'm exhausted!  I know that no one else out there feels this way ;) but I seriously lack any and all luster for "extras" when I sit down.  I have been able to keep up with my FB page for my parents, but even that is slowing a bit.  I need a swift kick in the pants by Saint Nick!

Now, that's not to say that I'm not living it up with my Firsties at school, on the contrary, we are doing sooooo much that I'm just plain pooped by the end of the day. 

OK, OK enough boo-hooing, this is what I've been up to:

Christmas Around the World
Grinch Day with two resources I got from TPT  (Grinch Packet and Grinch Day)  Both superb resources the I am super happy to have in my library of purchases. 
Door Decorating, paper grading, distict collaborating, committee meeting, and all out teaching! 

I have recently invited parents to be in the room daily and so far I am loving the extra help.  It's just an hour each day that falls during the Daily 5 time.  I ususally have them work with a small group on phonics.  It has been great and I am glad that I waited for the 1st quarter to be done before opening my door.  It gave me time to figure myself out, the kids, and get to know the parents a little. 

Blah, blah, blah...let's get to the good stuff for all of you stalkers idea seekers~PICTURES!

Projected for the Firsties to see in the morning.
 


One of my sweeties with his Grinning Grinch!
 


 
Grinch juice and Grinchy Green Sugar cookies, yum!

 
Our grinning Grinch's and Max's...I made up the Max's per request of my 1st grade team member. 


The kiddos playing one of the Grinch Math games...such a fun day!
 

Who-ville door!  :)
 
As always, I hope you enjoyed!
~Jill

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya girl! This time of year is always completely exhausting! I have brought my bag of papers to grade home for like a week now and cannot muster the motivation at night to actually grade the darn things! Sigh. At least the kids are having a blast, right!? Ha! We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Thanks. Grading??? What's that!? LOL. I'm with you, as long as the kids are having fun, grading always manages to get done. Good luck to you with these last few days before break.

    ReplyDelete