Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Frog Phonics

I am loving all of the Turkey sightings on everyone's blogs, and I am guilty of downloading and buying every little Thanksgiving theme I can get my hands on....but I'm doing frogs today.  ;)  (Actually, we did our Thankful Turkeys today, but I didn't snap any pics yet) 

My little ones have been LOVING the H Brothers and the PH cousin (I added him with all of the ph words floating around).  The Firsties are so stink'n excited about finding the H Brothers that they shout out at the carpet, interrupt my reading groups, and nearly tackle me to show me their newest H Brother find.  Clearly I have created some monsters, but at least it's all about phonics! 

With all of the excitement, I made a sorting the H Brothers activity I saw on Pinterest from Make Take Teach Blog.  Hop over using this link and you can make your own!  I love how mine turned out and it was all FREE!  I had the bins that I got in the beginning of the year from Target in their $1 section (which is all too dangerous for this teacher) and I had the frogs in an old notepad someone gave me.  All I had to do was print and laminate.  And yes, I have my own laminator in my room and I don't know how I ever lived without it! 
 
Here's my Maddie demonstrating how to play/sort.  :)

 
Back to Turkeys tomorrow! 
~Jill

2 comments:

  1. Love the phonics sort. I need to do that as a center ASAP! Just found you & love your blog. I'm your newest follower :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you Kelly! I love this and my kids are so excited with the new activity. Thank you for leaving a comment and following me, you made my day!!

    ReplyDelete