Sunday, November 25, 2012

Liebster Award

How cool is this?!!!  I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Kathy Olenzcek from Third Grade Doodles.  I am so honored and excited!  Thank you!!!!!
 

 
 
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  • No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
 
So this is what I came up with!
 
11 Random Things About ME
  1. I love to belt out songs when I am in my classroom working-REALLY LOUDLY
  2. My husband courted me and finally won my heart when he read the poem he wrote for me at our local coffee house when I was 17.  (we married when I was 20)
  3. I prefer cats but we have a dog (I do love her very much)
  4. I pray every day that I will serve God in an honorable way by teaching my little Firsties.
  5. I talk too much and have lots of opinions for only being a teacher for 4 1/2 years.
  6. I have two kids, Maddie 8 and Jack 6 (not really random, but needs to be said)
  7. I love to get my hair done and I am a little mad at myself for chopping it all off recently.
  8. My iPad is my newest accessory and BFF
  9. I like to watch Good Luck Charlie on Disney because the mom totally reminds me of me! LOL
  10. My first profession was Respiratory Therapy for 13 years. (Now I work more hours for a LOT less pay, but I adore being a teacher!)
  11. I volunteer with our Jr. High Youth group and I'm heading to Nashville this summer to help in the soup kitchens and serve the city for my second time with the youth.
11 Answers to the 11 Questions that Kathy Asked Me
 
  1. The recipe that I am most famous for are my Devil'd Eggs.
  2. I started a blog to connect more personally with other teachers and because I think amazing things are happening in my room and I wanted a place to share.
  3. My favorite subject currently to teach is math.  (But it varies often!)
  4. http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/home_tumblebooks.asp for books to listen to during snack time.  Check out Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsche!
  5. The hardest thing about teaching is balancing it all. 
  6. If I could go anywhere, I would love to go to Ireland.
  7. My ideal classroom has differentiation happening effortlessly, numbers not exceeding 20 students, endless supply of paper-markers-laminating sleeves-books-all other supplies, parents who write the teacher using kind words and no tones, and time to fit it all in.
  8. I used the Grinch Face with writing a sentence or two about how the children would make him smile.  It was fun and super cute!
  9. My favorite music artist is Adele.
  10. My morning poison is coffee, although some may call it coffee flavored sugar milk. ;)
  11. If money was no object, I would buy the Galaxy III for myself and I would buy a carpet spot rug for my carpet time. 

11 Questions for the 11 Blogs that I Nominated
  1. How long have you been a teacher?
  2. What was your best purchase from TPT?
  3. How do you celebrate Christmas in your classroom in one or two sentences?
  4. How did you discover the blogging world?
  5. What is your favorite read aloud?
  6. What are you wishing for this Christmas-money is no object?
  7. How do you incorporate learning goals into your day?
  8. What is your favorite treat to order from Dairy Queen?
  9. Do you wear heels, flats, boots, or other in the classroom?
  10. What is your favorite song to listen to when you are sad?  ...when you are happy?
  11. What was the best field trip you ever went on or planned?
Here are the Blogs I Nominated

Sliding into First
Keepin' it Kool in Kinderland
Blooming in First
2nd Grade Glance
Grade 2 Happenings
The Paper Maid: One Page at a Time
A Teacher's Attempt at Being Crafty
The Teacher in Me
A Passion For Primary
4th Grade Haps and Hacks
Shoot for the Moon

I can't wait to learn all about these bloggers! 














     
     
     

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow and the nomination! I feel very honored :)

    I am def. going to follow you now

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Networking is so fun. :) I hope you had a great Monday. I wiped. Going off to nigh-night land soon!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jill! I am so glad you stopped by my blog. You have a lot of great ideas and a kind heart :) I'm your newest follower!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! The feeling is mutual. So glad to network and learn from you!!! Have a fantastic week.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe that this happened - I nominated you before I even knew that you nominated me!! Ha! I hope this doesn't break the 'no tag backs' rule. Thank you so much for the nomination, I am honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a little tricky to find new blogs that haven't already been nominated. I love your blog and I'm very happy to be following and learning from you! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much again for nominating me Jill, I truly feel so grateful! Here are my answers to your fabulous questions: http://keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award-take-2.html

    Thanks againg :)

    ReplyDelete