Friday, November 23, 2012

Touch Money


I have learned so many things from so many people, but one of my biggest inspirations is a certain 2nd grade teacher who tells it like it is, is very clever, bold, wicked smart, and is the most captivating reader of the read aloud you will ever find.  Dare I go on?  Any-whooo, one thing that I am currently using that she uses to teach money is the touch money method.  I have found this wildly successful with my own kiddos and they are doing so much better then my little ones from last year.  It's pretty remarkable! 
 
I recently found this great little freebie and sent it home for my parents to be able to understand the symbols that we use in the classroom.   
 
 
I am constantly trying to connect with my parents in any way possible.  I so miss the parent-teacher conferences that we used to hold on our half days.  Indiana no longer has 1/2 days, which means we no longer hold "mandatory" parent conferences.  I typically only see the parents that I need to discuss matters of behavior or a child that is struggling academically...but I digress.  This is a great handout and I recommend it to anyone that teaches coins using the touch math method.  :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your newest follower!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop-hoooo! Thank you! I always see teachers excited about their 1,000 follower, but I am totally thrilled that you are my number 10. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. Visit me at www.thirdgradedoodles.blogspot.com to find out what you have to do!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete