Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nutty kids = Review of Procedures

Time is just escaping me and I am dying to really dig deep with my kiddos.  All of the new assessments, additional assessments, professional development, and curriculum mapping can really get a girl down.  As much as I know that it is all necessary, I am so looking forward to tomorrow to pull more reading groups!  We had a review of the Literacy Stations of Daily 5 today.  Not the cutest chart, but it was what the Firsties came up with.  I will "jazz" it up to display and refer to in the classroom. 


I am also so happy to have FINALLY launched my Reading Cafe.  This was killing me!  By far, the start to this year was the craziest.  So happy to be pulling my kids and easing into the flow.  it's about time.  ;)


While waiting for the PTO meeting tonight, I put together some cute games that I got from Heather's Heart blog page.  So glad to add them to my phonics tub and my math tub!  Thank you!





Enjoy the day!  TGIF tomorrow.  :) 

 

4 comments:

  1. My kids were nutty this week, too! I did channel some of the energy into our election work, but man... it was hard to keep them focused the rest of the time! I hear ya on being excited to dig deep. I've never tried having the kids pick which of the CAFE strategies they are working on and posting it- maybe that can keep us focused! We're just now doing listen to reading more authentically because I think they are ready to bust out the NOOKs and iPods. They are super pumped to use these on Monday. LOVE your "pin it" buttons next to your pics. I gotta figure that out! Ok... off to read. Sorry for the long post, but I loved yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your post-no apologies necessary. For my CAFE, I have them come to the table where we work on a skill during guided reading. While listening in, I give them each a goal/skill to work on and that is how they put their name in the category. At first, the group is mostly all together. Then as the weeks go by, I am able to individualize it much more. :)

      Use this link for the pin it buttons:
      http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/

      Delete
  2. I am so happy that you could use our activities. =)

    I loved your disclaimer in the other post about your spelling on the anchor chart....I also worry about that! Lol! =)

    Blessings you you sweet friend.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment! Your blog and all of you activities are the best. Have a great week doing what you do best!
      Smiles to you,
      Jill

      Delete